Combatting loneliness and helping maintain personal freedom is incredibly rewarding. It also helps with the prevention of several other conditions. Popping to the shops, attending social gatherings, fulfilling appointments or getting out of the house for half-an-hour- a-day or a few hours a week can be enough to avoid isolation and help many people continue to live independently.
We know that our role is to support people in maintaining their independence and so as well as being one of the most valuable forms of care, social care can also be one of the most flexible too; two visits are rarely the same.
We can offer the following:
- Arranging appointments
- Accompanying to appointments and shopping
- Assisting with planning trips/ visits/ outings and holidays
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Accompanying to club meetings/ sports events
- Escorting to cinema, theatre and concerts
- Reading newspaper/ books
- Personal finance assistance
- Participation in hobbies and interests
- Accompanying to lunch/ dinner
- Assisting with pet care